Monday, March 15, 2010

The final post.

For this quarter my English class has been blogging to each other and to other outside sources. I feel that blogging is a way to reach out to people that aren’t just friends of yours but all around the world that have the same questions and problems that you have. When you get to a blog it may answer questions that you want to know or just pointless information that you most likely wont remember the next day and anyone can go to a blog.

You don’t have to have special permission, if you want to look something up you just type it in to Google or another search engine and find a blog that pertains to what you are looking up and read away. I feel that people blog because they need to get what they are blogging about off their chest and have nowhere else to go to vent about what they are saying without being embarrassed or get into trouble. People read blogs because they have questions that they are too scared to ask other people face to face. Which is why blogs tend to bring people together because they find something they have in common with each other and continue a conversation from there.

When you blog you don’t have to give out any personal information, which makes things easy for people to do because then they don’t have to worry about someone finding out what they are writing about. Like how I vented about my girlfriend that is now my ex. I would’ve gotten my ass chewed out if she would’ve seen that and figured out it was me venting about her.

Like when Dougas Rushkoff said “the internet is social currency”. The Internet brings all type of people together. One of the newest things that proves his point is all of the new Internet dating sites that are everywhere. The Internet brings people that would never of talked to each other something to talk about, like what they posted about or asks questions on their profile.

“Blogging is changing the media world and could, I think, foment a revolution in how journalism functions in our culture.”

—Andrew Sullivan “The Blogging Revolution: Weblogs Are To Words What Napster Was To Music”

2 comments:

  1. Haha I like the picture "final post", yea I liked the idea of doing these blogs, expect for the fact of it being a "project". I did enjoy saying things and venting on movies like how you vented on relationships. As people, I think we sometimes need to express our feelings in different avenues other than just face to face. In a way, these blogs can be considered a punching bag for our emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the picture. I did indeed LOL.

    The quote at the end seems tacked on, though.

    ReplyDelete